Seamless migration of active virtual machines.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator color=”black” el_width=”10″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]VMware VMotion technology leverages the complete virtualization of servers, storage and networking to move an entire running virtual machine instantaneously from one server to another.
VMware VMotion uses VMware’s cluster file system to control access to a virtual machine’s storage. During a VMotion, the active memory and precise execution state of a virtual machine is rapidly transmitted over a high speed network from one physical server to another and access to the virtual machines disk storage is instantly switched to the new physical host. Since the network is also virtualized by VMware ESX, the virtual machine retains its network identity and connections, ensuring a seamless migration process.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
VMware vMotion™ offers:
- Perform live migrations with zero downtime – undetectable to the user
- Continuously and automatically optimize virtual machines – within resource pools
- Perform hardware maintenance without scheduling downtime – and disrupting business operations
- Proactively move virtual machines – away from failing or underperforming servers
- Reduce IT costs and improve flexibility – with server consolidation